While Americans across the nation will be hitting the polls tomorrow to cast their votes in the presidential election, The Chicken Friars fans have casted their ballot on a more serious matter.
According to the Chicken Friars’ unscientific poll, most Chicken Friars fans agree with the Padres’ decision to move in the outfield fence at Petco Park.
The poll received a total of 30 votes, with 63 percent of the Chicken Friar fans agreeing with the decision to move in the outfield fence at Petco Park, the other 37 percent of the votes where against the moving of the fence.
Construction on this project has already started.
I personally am against the moving of the fence, but my vote doesn’t count.
Some of the modifications that will be made to Petco Park and the to the outfield fence and will include:
- Changes to the right field porch and the right center gap will be moved in 11 feet, and lowered to match the sub-eight foot height in left field and center field.
- The out-of-town scoreboard that is currently along the right field wall will be relocated to a new spot above right field as part of seating modifications that will be announced at a later date.
- The deepest part of the park in left center field the fence will be moved in from 402 feet to 390 feet. The modification will alter the setup of the home bullpen and will allow for the visitor’s bullpen to be relocated to the area behind the home bullpen.
To read a previous blog about my stance on the movement of the outfield fence, click here.
To read a previous blog about staff writer’s Dominic Di Tolla’s stance on moving in the fence, click here
To read a hilarious blog about staff writer’s Dallas McLaughlin’s 2013 Padre Projections with the fences moved in, click here.